17 Thoughtful Raksha Bandhan Messages For Your Brother
We understand the importance of the beautiful festival of Rakshabandhan - or commonly known as Rakhi - in your life. So for you, we have put together the best messages for Rakshabandhan that you can send to your brother. You can use these Rakhi messages for WhatsApp or simply as Raksha Bandhan quotes to share online on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
But before we dive into the messages and quotes for Rakshabandhan 2019, let’s look at this age-old tradition and understand what is Rakshabandhan and how is Rakshabandhan celebrated.
What is Rakshabandhan?
The Raksha Bandhan festival is one of India’s most popular and meaningful traditions, highlighting the unique relationship between sister and brother.
The foundation of India’s rich cultural history is predicated on the closeness of family, the Raksha Bandhan festival highlights the integral role familial relationships play regarding the closeness representative of a traditional Indian family.
This festival not only celebrates the various types of familial relationships between blood relatives, but it also stresses the importance of relationships between non-blood relatives, such as sisters-in-law.
Emphasizing the collective approach Indian culture believes is necessary in order to keep a family strong and close.
How is Rakshabandhan Celebrated?
On the day of Rakshabandhan, a Rakhi - or a sacred thread - is tied to the wrists of a brother and sister to signify the bond, additionally, the brother presents his sister with a gift to symbolize his love.
In turn, the sister prays for her brothers' wellness and the same is followed by a small sweet eating ceremony.
Top 5 Rakshabandhan 2019 Quotes and Messages
- I truly feel blessed having someone as caring, understanding, and genuine as you by my side through the good times and the bad, as we continue our journey through life.
- Even though I preferred a little sister, having a brother like you by my side, whose continued support and penchant for humorous anecdotes at times I needed a little humor, is truly a blessing I will always cherish.
- As much as I’ve enjoyed the good times we’ve shared together as siblings, it’s your ability to help me stay strong enough to overcome the tough times that I am truly most grateful for.
- Having a little brother like you has been exhausting, erratic, and downright annoying at times, if not most of the time. But because you’ve always found new ways to show me how much you believe in me, has helped me build the confidence I needed to become the person I am today.
- Why I love having a little brother:
- You never borrow my clothes, except that one time you didn’t realize it was a shirt for girls.
- You never borrow my makeup, but you used to let us see how’d you look wearing it. You never borrow my jewelry.
- The fact you get into more trouble than me, helping me score more points with our parents.
- You’re always there for me when I need someone to talk too or make me laugh.
Here are 12 more Rakhi messages that you can use for WhatsApp or share them on Facebook or Instagram.
- As much as you get on my nerves, it’s hard to believe how much I love having you as a brother, because of all the other positive things you bring to my life. Now just imagine how much more I’d love you if you weren’t so bloody annoying, but where’s the fun in that.
- As much as women say they always prefer to have a little sister, we all know how annoying girls can be, which is why it’s great having a little brother like you by my side who I can count on for anything.
- Having a little brother like you, to confide in, to lean on, and to steal clothes from, only scratches the surface of how much you mean to me.
- You’re the best sibling I could’ve asked for, whether you're sticking up for me with outsiders or helping me keep our Parents in check, it’s a blessing to have you by my side as my little soldier.
- I hope you’ve learned half as much from me, as I have learned from you, you’re mature beyond your years, and I have no doubt you will always help me learn to deal with things as we continue to get older and face “Life’s” inevitable complexities.
- Every time I think you can’t get any dumber, you do something to totally redeem yourself, which is why you’re truly an enigmatic personality and loving figure I can’t imagine living without.
- Remember that time when you were younger, and our cousins and I dressed you up as a girl? Because I do! Its things like that about what makes you truly irreplaceable, your innate ability to do whatever it takes to make the people you love to laugh, even though you make an ugly Indian bride.
- As fortunate as I am to have loving Parents we can always count on, you’ve always found a way to establish yourself as someone I can always go to first when I need of guidance or just someone to vent to you. Thank you for always being there!
- Having a little brother like you has been a remarkable experience, you’re the only person who can do something that makes me laugh, cry, and love you simultaneously. I’m just glad you’re on our side.
- Even though we fight like cats and dogs, I’ve never once felt I couldn’t count on you, which makes you the most lovable and irritating person I’ve ever met.
- What amazes me most about you isn’t the fact that you’ve helped me through the toughest times, but it’s the fact that you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about most of the time, which is why you lean on movie quotes to help make me laugh so I can figure out what to do.
- It’s not that I think you’re annoying, you really are annoying. And yet, I love you more and more with each year, because you never cease to amaze me how you effortlessly make the good times more enjoyable, and the bad times always temporary.
Tarinika jewelry comes with a deep understanding of how important the closeness of family means to India’s rich cultural history. Although Indian culture celebrates nearly every facet of everyday life, for Indian people, it always starts with family.
The Rakshabandhan festivalis onetraditional Indian families utilize to stress how important it is for families to maintain healthy relationships at every level, regardless of creed or caste.
Wealth, careers, material possessions mean nothing in Indian culture, without a strong network offamilial relationships to share in your success.
Shop on Tarinika.com now so yoursibling or family member knows exactly how important they are to you, by selecting a stunning piece of hand-crafted, antique Indian jewelry items for your gift idea.
Tarinika’s custom-designed Indian jewelry aims to not only make your family member special, but our goal is also to make them feel happy by the thought of you taking the time to select beautiful Indian jewelry they’ll truly love!