Whatever be the occasion, the right kind of jewellery can accentuate your look at a whole new level. However, the search for that flattering piece of jewellery often seems like an uphill task. This seems even more daunting when one is presented with many options, both online and offline. You’re left spoilt for choice, as it still seems tricky to get a piece that matches your style statement.
If you too face such a dilemma, then Indian jewellery is the way to go. With a vivid range of stunning options, we are here to help you make choices that are smart, trendy, and easy on the pocket. So read on to know about which piece to wear and when, as you next go jewellery shopping.
The Pretty Choker
Chokers are a great antique jewellery option for many occasions. Be it a wedding, a semi-formal gathering or an evening party, no other jewellery makes a statement as a choker does. However, the trick lies in carrying off the look with ease and elan. If you wish to pick a pretty choker that adds to your look, keep these in mind.
- If you have a long and slender neck, then you’re in luck. You can choose any style you like, and this jewellery will complement your look.
- If you have a short neck then its best to avoid large chokers, as these may make your neck look wide. Instead, opt for slender and delicate pieces.
- The fit of the choker is essential too. Avoid pieces that sit too tight or are too loose. Instead, measure your neck and get the choker adjusted to be 7cms more than the circumference of your neck.
- The shape of your face has a role to play too. While round faces may look rounder with a choker, an oval face is well complemented by this piece of jewellery.
All-Occasion Indian Earrings
The one piece of jewellery that goes with every dress and complements you on every occasion is a lovely pair of Indian earrings. From the elegant and beautiful studs and loops, to elaborate Jhumkas and Chandbalis, there’s more variety than one can imagine. However, while choosing Indian earrings for a special occasion, do keep the below-mentioned aspects in mind.
- If the occasion is a formal one then opt for understated, classy studs or loops. Opt for contemporary designs that complement your outfit if you’re dressing for a party. Bring in the bling with elaborate pieces if you’re dressing for a wedding.
- If you have a round face, opt for long earrings, giving the illusion of length. Those with an oval face can opt for jewellery that’s wider at the base, such as teardrop-shaped pieces.
- Keep a check on the colour and material of the piece you choose to wear. Avoid bright plastic materials, instead, go for statement jewellery in traditional Indian styles to accentuate your appearance.
Indian Necklaces & Bridal Jewellery
You may have feasted your eyes on a vivid range of Indian necklaces and bridal jewellery. However choosing the pieces that suit your style and the occasion are of absolute importance. Before opting for a necklace or sets of bridal jewellery, do keep the following aspects in mind.
- From simple statement necklaces that complement the evening parties and dinner occasions to elaborate pieces that are more celebratory, the first aspect to consider is the occasion.
- Keeping your attire in mind while shopping for jewellery can help you create a harmonious look. Ensure that the length and design do not clash with the neckline of your dress. It could spoil the look. Keep in mind that the colours of your outfit complement the colours of the jewellery you choose to wear.
- Keep the length of the necklace such that it complements your best features. Opt for shorter pieces if you wish to flaunt your neck, while longer pieces can accentuate your collarbones.
Whatever style of jewellery you choose, ensure that it reflects the kind of person you are. Rather than buying a piece that’s the in thing, please choose based on how it reflects your persona. So whether you are the jewellery minimalist or the kind who likes to go all-out, take your pick on what you like best.
Do visit our website www.tarinika.com to check out our collection.